Thursday, January 6, 2011

6/365... the image of a life

One of my main reasons for loving photography, is that it allows you to get stuck in a moment. To remember what was happening when the photograph was taken.
Or, to make memories with with the people you love, so if God forbid you lose those people, you will have those moments, those pictures with them.


I guess I'm sensitive to this because my parents were gone before I turned 22. My mother passed away when I was 17, and my dad when I was 21.
I hate  that they can't know my children. I hate that they can't see me become a responsible adult. I hate that I couldn't ask my mother questions while I was pregnant. Or that my children can't be spoiled by them.
So, I put together albums for them, for every year, so that they can see what they did in their lives. So they can see how much we loved them. And I write in journals for them. Throughout my pregnancy and at least once a month. They will know their milestones and any other craziness that has gone through my head.
So here's to my mother and father. Half the reason I decided on photography. And because I love to watch people be happy.
And here's to my family.... Not perfect, but mine.

No comments: