Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11/365... 1/11/11... And the goofiness of a little girl.

When you're little, you dream of life as an  adult. You have all these thoughts and ideas about how life would be. How you will raise your children. What 'career' path you'll take. Perfection of course. Life without mistakes.
And then, you grow up, things happen and they don't quite turn out the way you expect.
But there are special little moments in your life, that make up for the disappointments in life... or maybe not disappointments, but life unexpected. So, point... there is a point so you know.
Gabi gives us those moments. The silly things she says, the outrageous things she does... her smile... the way she makes us kiss her booboo's before she stops crying. Or how she'll say "You're the best mommy in the world." or, "You're my bestest mama".
And then, recently, every time we take her picture, she makes a silly face. Or she begs us to take a picture, and then she'll pose.
I've found that life is NOT what I expected... but it's better some days. She makes my days better. And though she frustrates me... I will love her until the day that I die.


No comments: